Quartz countertops are actually made of quarried slabs of the natural stone, the new engineered material is created through a manufacturing process that mixes approximately 95 percent ground natural quartz with 5 percent polymer resins.
Quartz countertops are just as strong as granite but with the added benefit of being more flexible, making the material easier to work with during installation.
Qualities of Quartz
- Non-porous and does not require any sealing – ever!
- Very durable and stain-resistant
- Discolorations may occur over time in direct sunlight
- Requires professional installation and is heavier than granite
- Seams are visible, but can easily be hidden with a darker color Quartz